By entering, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Official Contest Rules (the "Rules") and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final. Please read the Rules prior to submitting your entry to ensure that you understand and agree with the Rules. The Korean Cultural Center, Los Angeles (KCCLA) will not be held financially or legally liable for any misrepresentations made by any entrant or disputes among team members or entrants. Entrants are responsible for procuring and securing consent for any person or thing featured in their video, such that the video shall not violate any laws, regulations or rules. Also, minors (13-17 years of age) have to have consent of a parent or legal guardian to participate. Any entries found to be in violation of any of the Rules will be disqualified.
- Entrants in the youth division must be: between 13 to 17 years of age as of October 9, 2019; U.S. citizens or residents; and have an interest in the Korean language and/or culture.
- Entrants in the adult division must be: 18 years of age or older as of October 9, 2019; U.S. citizens or residents; and have an interest in the Korean language and/or culture.
- Groups or teams may participate, but only one prize will be awarded to a team's primary contact. Each group/team may enter only in one division. A team's primary contact is responsible for securing consent of the others in the team.
- Limit one (1) entry per person throughout the contest period. Multiple entries using different names, Instagram accounts, or email addresses will be disqualified.
Theme (choose one below)
- A personal account of entrant’s experience with Korean culture, or
- Any other topic related to Korea (e.g. Korean Language, food, travel, history, arts, entertainment, K-pop, current events, etc.).
This contest begins at 12:00 A.M., Pacific Time, October 9, 2019, and ends at 11:59 P.M., Pacific Standard Time, November 15, 2019. Late entries will not be accepted.
Please follow the steps outlined below to successfully participate in the event:
- Follow our Instagram page @kccla
- Upload media and use tags #kccla #hangul #koreanculture
- Share your post on your Public Instagram account
- Submit your information at http://hangul.kccla.org
- Get a confirmation number for your submission
- Video or still images submissions must be your own original work.
- As this contest is in commemoration of Hangul Day, use of Hangul is highly recommended.
- The video must not exceed one (1) minute in length or the still images can be posted up to 10.
- Acceptable formats include documentaries, interviews, news, photo and comedy. If scenes or music from existing works (drama, music, videos, literature, etc.) are used in your video, accurate citations have to be provided, and if required by law such use has to be properly consented to. Entrants also covenant to defend and indemnify the KCCLA and its employees, agents, officers, members, advisors, successors and assigns from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, judgments, awards, fines, losses, damages, and liability and expense, including attorneys' fees and court costs, arising from or out of the construction, upload, submission or publication of videos.
Criteria for Scoring
- Relevance of Korean language and culture to personal experience;
- Story composition and originality; and
- Audio-visual composition and production.
- Award of prize in conditional upon full compliance with the Official Rules. Winners may not substitute, assign, or transfer prize or redeem prize for cash. The KCCLA is not responsible for defect of prize or any harm or injury which might be caused by or stem from prize.
- Winners of goods, except for electronic gift cards, who live within 50 miles of the KCCLA may be asked to claim their prize in person.
- In connection with submission, we will collect basic personal information about you, including your name, email address, and city and state of your residence. You must fully complete and submit all data requested to be eligible. Incomplete entries are void.
- Your work must be original and should not include or replicate other people’s work, although use of parody is permissible.
- If requested by the KCCLA, winners must provide additional personal information such as occupation, and a photograph recently taken within six (6) months of submission, and permit the KCCLA to use the submissions for promotional purposes.
- This contest is not endorsed by Instagram.
- Eligibility to participate is not dependent upon an entrant's consent to receive emails and communications. Such consent will not impact an entrant's chances of winning.
We thank all entrants in advance for their participation. Winners will be selected by a panel of judges through fair process, and we will notify the winners via email and announce their names on the event webpage http://hangul.kccla.org.
Please email any questions to email@example.com